Monday, March 1, 2010

Vietnam War Memorial: The Three Soldiers

This is part two of three on the Vietnam War Memorial.

This sampling is on the statue called, "The Three Soldiers".
I think it is an incredibly powerful piece of art.  I love that each angle really represents a different feel.
For example:
-The first picture with the gun just feels so strong and determined.
-The third picture has such a feeling of unity.
-The final picture is a great angle.  I love how the soldiers are looking towards the wall -- looking upon their fallen comrades.  Powerful!

I especially love the fourth picture (or second to last).  When I was walking around, trying to photograph the statue from various angles, and I looked through my camera and saw the sun shining through the soldier's arm I knew that was the shot I wanted.  I remember that I couldn't wait to get home so that I could upload it!

Click on individual images to see full-size.









No comments: