Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Round of Arlington National Cemetery

This is the first of what will be many samplings of my shots of Arlington National Cemetery.

I live 1 1/2 miles from Arlington National Cemetery and (literally) go past it every single day.  Thus, I have been there many times and photographed it quite a bit.

These particular pictures were taken December 2009.
A friend of mine's step-father is buried at the cemetery and she asked me if I would go for the anniversary of his passing as she lives too far away to go herself.

I took with me a rock and a penny.  It is an old Jewish tradition to leave a rock at a loved one's grave.  I'm not sure where the penny tradition stems, but I decided to do both for good measure.

While I love all of the shots, my favorite (by a long shot) is the first.  That's the Pentagon in the background of shot one.











1 comment:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I gave mom the link to this post. It really meant so much that you went for her. Thank you again from all of us.