Tuesday, September 21, 2010

More D.C. at night

It may sound corny, but there are few things in life I enjoy doing more than taking pictures.  So, sometimes after a rough day, I'll pack my camera up, go for a drive, and take pictures.

Recently I did just that -- at the National Mall.

Taking these pictures of the Vietnam War memorial, the Washington Monument/Reflecting Pool, and the Korean War memorial at night was one of the more difficult photo shoots I've had recently.  Night pictures can be a bit challenging and the night these pictures were taken proved that.

My favorite shot -- the last shot in this posting -- was an extremely difficult shot to get.  I didn't have a tripod with me, the Reflecting Pool is actually quite disgusting (lots of dirt and goose poop!), and as is the case with all things D.C., there were lots of tourists (and they can get in the way).  Because of that, I thought it'd be fun to include a picture that shows first hand the little hassles that can get in the way during a shoot.  The second to last picture shows a bird that plopped right out of sky and landed right in my shot.  Very funny!  In the end, I ended up with some great shots of D.C. at night.  Enjoy!

















No comments: